Sensory Processing Service
Humber Sensory Processing Service is a specialist service providing support to children who have sensory processing difficulties. This service is for children with a Hull GP. The Sensory Processing Service is hosted by a small team of sensory trained therapists. The therapists provide advice and formal sensory processing assessments (criteria requirement for formal assessment).
- Have accessed Humber Sensory Processing Hub
- Aged between 0 and 18 years.
- Hull General Practitioner.
- Parent/carer consented to referral.
- Sensory processing difficulties having a significant impact on mental health and/or physical wellbeing in more than one environment.
- Sensory processing difficulties that are severe and longstanding and are having a direct impact on their daily functioning.
Sensory Processing Pathway
*Staff refers to professionals and workers with health and education services
Telephone Consultations. Potential outcomes…..
- Service criteria not met. Signposting to other services if identified as a need.
- Advice and recommendations provided by Therapist and placed on 2 month intervention period. If advice followed for 2 month period and unmet sensory needs – progress to stage 3
- Direct access to Stage 3